Being parents is as it a very tough task, and you wouldn’t want to make it any tougher with weight issues. Keeping your family fit and healthy is a priority for all. You must have been told by people how important it is to maintain a healthy lifestyle, but it is easier said than done. Who has the time to buy special low calorie meals and prepare those? And who has the time to go for workouts every day? But you needn’t worry anymore; here are a few tips and innovative ideas to keep you as well as your family healthy and low on fat keeping your busy schedule in mind.
Work out is important. This is for all moms with young children. You can opt for gyms with special care facilities for children. They have proper babysitting facilities so that you can work out freely without worrying for your children.
Lay stress on family oriented activities. You can clean the yard, play with your dog, go for walks, take your children for bicycle rides and do other fun activities with your family. Make it your fun family time. You will surely look forward to this time of the day.
Grow fresh veggies in your own kitchen garden. Your backyard garden will give you easy access to fresh and health vegetables so every time you want to cook up a healthy meal you don’t have to rush to the supermarket. Tending to your garden would also help burn off some calories.
Tell your children about the benefits of a healthy diet and how important it is to exercise regularly.
- Raking your garden should be high energy fun filled activity. You can run, leap and jump around the garden while bonding with your family.
- Go to the park or the nearby store with your family. Release your parenting stress while having fun with your friends.
- While at the park play with your children, have fun, participate in games and encourage your kids to do so too.
- Try to walk whenever possible. Instead of using your car for all your chores opt for walking. This way you do your bit for the environment while shaping up.
- It is far easier to cook up healthy meals and snacks than you think. Keep fresh veggies at hand for making meals and salads. Clean and cut them in advance and store them away in containers. Being prepared is essential so that you don’t gorge on unhealthy oily food when you are hungry. Also, raw and boiled veggies are healthier than those cooked with heavy gravies and sauces. If you have a very busy schedule, you can also get pre-cleaned and cut veggies from the market. Try new herbs to add flavors to your dishes.
- Do not isolate your exercise time. Try working out with your spouse and children. You can also involve your pets in your work out for adding the fun factor.
Following these steps, you will soon discover that losing weight and getting into shape is not all that difficult. Also, it can be done keeping stress at bay while bonding with your family.…